Tuesday, January 4, 2011

525,600 minutes

Happy new year!

I hope that everyone had a fabulous holiday season complete with too much food, time spent with family and friends, and of course plenty of good reads.

2010 was an interesting year for me full of a lot of ups and downs. Not my best year, but I suppose also not my worst. I began this blog in the middle of 2010, after much thought and deliberation on just what I should blog about and how to actually bring it all to fruition. It's been a great pleasure being able to share my insights and my favorite books with others and I look forward to much more of that with the new year.

That being said, I start the new year armed with a multitude of new books to jump into. As an avid reader who comes from a family of family avid readers (read: my mother) I was gifted a handful of books for Christmas, which I am delighted about particularly because some are by a favorite author and they all sound wonderful in their own ways.

What I received was Once in a Lifetime by Cathy Kelly, who's also the author of Past Secrets, which I loved. I also got City Dog and If Andy Warhol had a Girlfriend by Alison Pace, a favorite author of mine, and Style A to Zoe by Rachel Zoe. I die for Rachel Zoe and think she's a-mazing.






I am currently still reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. It's quite long and so it's taken me some time to get through but I am loving it. It's a real page turner full of wildly fascinating facts, interesting potential conspiracy theories and unusual adventure. I have a hard time putting it down and stepping away because I'm so captivated by Robert Langdon (the main character) and the events as they unfold. I want to stay glued to my seat and take it all in. I'm about halfway through as it is now and I have a strong suspicion it won't be too much longer before I hit the back cover.

So here's to 2011. May it be filled with love and light and loads of new stories to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment