Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December: Read a New Book Month

I know I'm a little late in saying so, but December is "read a new book month."

I love this. I love that there's a month dedicated to people discovering new books to enjoy (or maybe not enjoy but you'll never know unless you crack open the cover, right?). I love reading is being promoted, because in some ways, it seems like a long lost hobby. I meet a lot of people that just don't read for pleasure, and it's so sad for me. there's nothing better sometimes than diving into a new story, getting lost in the characters and the plot points and getting a little escape especially during the crazy holiday season.

So in honor of Read a New Book Month I am reading a new book. I'm reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, author of Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.


I read Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons in high school but I remember that I loved them. For a while Da Vinci Code was my favorite book. Brown's writing is instantly attention grabbing and his historic knowledge of symbolism and mysticism is fascinating.


 

So over Thanksgiving when my aunt offered to lend me and my mom some books I quickly grabbed The Lost Symbol. I've started it and so far it's been everything I'd hoped for. I was instantly pulled into the plot and was excited to revisit Robert Langdon, the main character from Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons who's also the main character in this book. I'm not very far in yet but I can already foresee the adventures that are to come and the interesting facts I will inevitably learn.

Now to you- are you reading any new books right now? Are you enjoying them? What are you reading?

Also a challenge- if you know someone who loves to read or even someone who doesn't- share a book with them so they too can partake in both the holiday spirit and the spirit of read a new book month.

No comments:

Post a Comment