Friday, October 8, 2010

Busy Bee

Hi everyone.

I must apologize, I've been negligent the past couple of weeks about updating my lovely little blog here.

All of a sudden my life got caught up in a whirlwind of stuff and I got crazy busy. It's all good but I've had little time for anything else, like sleeping or breathing or writing.

The good news is, professionally things are going quite well for me. As some of you know, I'm also a fitness instructor and my class schedule has grown by leaps and bounds in the past year. I teach classes every day except Sunday which is awesome yet exhausting.

I'm also officially back in grad school. I'm just going part time- 2 classes a week- but they offer up a whole bunch of homework that keeps me occupied.

Then there's also the theatre blog I work for as a theatre critic. It's great and I've seen a ton of theatre but that takes up the majority of my weekends.

I'm grateful for all of these things and for my life right now and the way it's going. It just hasn't left me much time for me to just read for pleasure. shame on me, i know. But in between all of the busy-ness of my life in its current state I have picked up a new book: The Prestige by Christopher Priest.



A movie version of the same name came out a few years ago. I saw it and loved it. However, I totally forgot it was based off a book. Then at work the other day a coworker was reading the novel. I went right out to the bookstore and picked it up. I am fascinated by magic and magicians, which for those who don't know the story, is that it's based on.

I started The Prestige last night. Although I only read the first 20 pages or so, I'm already hooked and can't wait to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment