Friday, August 20, 2010

Then there was the movie

Last week I made this post about Eat Pray Love.


Last weekend my mom, my sister and I saw the movie. 


I loved it. Julia Roberts was stunning as Elizabeth Gilbert. And it was really interesting to see Gilbert's life story play out in actuality, not just how I saw it in my mind while reading the memoir.


While in Italy, it was amazing to just see Italy. (so jealous). And it really inspired me to go back and relearn my Italian. I really enjoy speaking the language and I do it rather poorly. After hearing all the characters speak and seeing how Gilbert gained so much happiness from learning the language it made me realize how much I miss it. Also, it was really refreshing to see Gilbert and her friend Sophie let go of the need to be teeny tiny and just enjoy the Italian food without guilt.


In general, I thought it followed the book pretty well and it was very pleased to see how the characters came to life. It's funny, touching, inspiring, thought-provoking and entertaining.
I recommend seeing it, especially if you enjoyed the book.


Did you see the movie? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment